What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are a new way to extend the length and thickness of your natural eyelashes. Eyelash extensions are single strands of synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They are applied to each individual natural eyelash one by one for a natural, beautiful and luscious look.
How long do eyelash extensions last?
Eyelash extensions can last up to 6 weeks. However they are no longer full at 6 weeks. Therefore fills are recommended every 2-3 weeks to keep your lashes full. The extensions will shed with the natural growth cycle of your own eyelashes. If you choose to get touch-ups in between they will last as long as you continue to fill them in.
How long will It take to apply eyelash extensions and how is it done?
Lashes are applied while you are lying down with your eyes closed on a cozy, warm spa bed. The process can take about 1.5 to 2 hours for a full set, depending on the set of lashes you desire. After cleaning and priming your lashes, your bottom lashes are protected with an anti-aging eyepad or medical tape and then lash extensions are applied 1-to-1 with medical-adhesive. It is a very relaxing, non-invasive procedure and most clients fall asleep!
How often should I get touch-ups?
We recommend getting a touch up every 2 to 3 weeks. If you wait too long your eyelash extensions will fall out and you will require a full set. Other factors such as exposure to steam, humidity or touching your eyes may cause the extensions to fall sooner. Touch-ups can take anywhere from 50 - 90 minutes, depending on how long you wait between appointments. During your touch-up appointment, we will remove make-up residue, remove grown-out extensions, prime your lashes and apply extensions to new lash growth. A good indicator of when to be in for a fill is when your extensions are 50% gone.
Who should not wear eyelash extensions?
- Have pre-existing eyelid or eye conditions such as blepharitis and ocular rosacea.
- Are very rough with themselves and do not want to follow after care instructions.
- Want a very heavy mascara look but do not have the natural lashes to support it.
- a condition called Trichotillomania, which is compulsive pulling or twisting of hair or eyelashes.
- Are in chlorinated water many times a week.
- Cannot control rubbing their eyes.
Eyelash Extension Preparation
- Remove all eye makeup and clean your lashes with mild, oil- free, water based cleanser.
- Limit your intake of caffeine before you come. Caffeine can cause your eyelashes to flutter making application more difficult resulting in fewer lashes applied.